- The Rabinowitz family are happy to celebrate their matriarch's [Yehudit bat
Yehuda Leib and Esther Chana] centennial birthday on Tu B'Av and invite the
community to celebrate the occasion at the kiddush.
- Tiyul to Mercaz Shomron - only a few places left for the tiyul on Friday 3rd August.
Please contact David Drory 08-9315847.
This is the first activity of the Berman Seniors and we wish them a good tiyul..
- The next Board meeting will be on Wednesday 8th August at 20:15. The agenda will
be posted at http://bermanshul.org/content/view/181/58/. Draft minutes
of the previous meeting are at
links require member login). Members with questions or issues to raise should
contact any Board member.
On Thursday evening August 9 (21 Menachem Av) there will be an Erev Zikaron VeLimud
in memory of Ellen Hexter ז"ל at the Beit Knesset. Maariv at 20:15, followed
by a shiur by Rabbi Noam Hexter on Kibud Av v'Em. A film on Ellen's life
and legacy will then be screened.
ביום חמישי כ"א מנחם אב ( 9 באוגוסט) נקיים בבית הכנסת ערב זיכרון ולימוד לעילוי נשמתה
של אלן הכסטר ז"ל. תפילת ערבית בשעה 20:15 ולאחריה שיעור מפי הרב נועם הכסטר בנושא
כיבוד הורים, והקרנת סרט על דמותה של אלן ז"ל .
The Azkara for Ellen's first Yahrzeit will take place at the Rehovot cemetery
on Friday August 10 (22 Menachem Av) at 9:00 AM
האזכרה ליום השנה הראשון לפטירתה של אלן תתקיים ביום שישי כ"ב מנחם אב (10
באוגוסט) בבית העלמין ברחובות, בשעה 9:00 בבוקר.
- We are looking for volunteers to serve on a subcommittee to deal with
engineering issues in the shul, primarily the air-conditioning system. If you
have relevant engineering or project-management experience to offer, please
conatct Dov Kanon, 077-7673100,
- Membership Renewal and High Holidays 5773 חידוש חברות וימים נוראים תשע"ג
The time has come to renew annual membership and arrange seating for the yamim nora’im.
The letter and form have placed on the shul website as a single PDF document,
which also includes a second form for you to use to provide personal information
for our database (PDF link here). Both forms are also available as Excel documents
). As last year, the printed documents will not be mailed out and you are requested
to please print out your own copy. Please consider printing extra copies for members
you know who may not be able to print their own.
HOSPITALITY, COMINGS & GOINGS - הכנסת אורחים
The community wishes to know about new arrivals or people planning to come
to Rehovot so that we can welcome them. You may send in their details for the weekly
bulletin, to firstname.lastname@example.org
or to Chaya Tannor.
MISHEBEIRACH LECHOLIM + BIKKUR CHOLIM - מישברך לחולים וביקור חולים ם
- Please send in names (3 maximum) to email@example.com,
(preferably by Thursday) or write them out and to give to the Gabbaim before kria.
Names must be resubmitted anew every week.
- If you are convalescing at home and would like visitors, please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A PDF calendar of davening times and shiurim is available for download (http://bermanshul.org/calendar.pdf now updated till end of August 2012).
- The "live" calendar below gives a full schedule of official Berman events
and other happenings. You can avoid missing events by taking a minute to scroll
through the listing. Click on any event to display the details.
Click on any event to display the details.
- A number of other Rehovot events are published at
- Chugim and activities for all ages at Havayot Schweitz: Including 50+ coffee
evenings, מועדון חצ"ב, Bridge for beginners, Tiyulim, etc.. For details and
schedules see the Havayot Website (http://havayot.org.il).
- Members organizing private events (e.g. wedding, bar/bat mitzva celebrations etc.)
are advised to use the shul calendar as follows:
- You can check for a date that does not clash with another event in the community.
- You may have your event listed as an anonymous "private event" so that
others can avoid scheduling another event at the same time. Please let any board
member know or send your request by e-mail to
PERSONAL & BASEMENT
Please note that the Berman Community is not responsible for the Halachic propriety
or kashrut of items listed.
- Responsible 14 Year interested in baby-sitting in evenings. Ohad Nudelman
- Nishmat's Alisa Flatow Program is geared towards women from diverse backgrounds
of college age and up, including converts. We have beginner, intermediate and
advanced level shiurim with our warm, dynamic faculty, as well as chavrutot to
develop textual skills. Please view details of our program at
If you know of any members of your congregation who may be interested in taking
time for Torah study, we offer the option to attend our year program for Elul or
on a semester basis as well. Please be in touch if you know of anyone who may be
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Sharon Schamroth, Director of Marketing & Recruitment
Nishmat- The Jeanie Schottenstein Center for Advanced Torah Study for Women
Tel: +972 (2) 640 4342, Cell: +972 (525) 665 146, US: +1 (212) 444 1988,
- Our cleaner (ozeret) Tamar, who is wonderful, has Tuesdays and Fridays available for work.
She can be contacted at: 052-4243708 (posted in by Miriam Cohen)