HOSPITALITY, COMINGS & GOINGS - הכנסת אורחים
The community wishes to know about new arrivals or people planning to come
to Rehovot so that we can welcome them. You may send in their details for the weekly
bulletin, to firstname.lastname@example.org
or to Chaya Tannor.
MISHEBEIRACH LECHOLIM + BIKKUR CHOLIM - מישברך לחולים וביקור חולים ם
- Please send in names (3 maximum) to email@example.com,
(preferably by Thursday) or write them out and to give to the Gabbaim before kria.
Names must be resubmitted anew every week.
- If you are convalescing at home and would like visitors, please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A PDF calendar of davening times and shiurim is available for download (http://bermanshul.org/calendar.pdf now updated till end of August 2012).
- The "live" calendar below gives a full schedule of official Berman events
and other happenings. You can avoid missing events by taking a minute to scroll
through the listing. Click on any event to display the details.
Click on any event to display the details.
- A number of other Rehovot events are published at
- Chugim and activities for all ages at Havayot Schweitz: Including 50+ coffee
evenings, מועדון חצ"ב, Bridge for beginners, Tiyulim, etc.. For details and
schedules see the Havayot Website (http://havayot.org.il).
- Members organizing private events (e.g. wedding, bar/bat mitzva celebrations etc.)
are advised to use the shul calendar as follows:
- You can check for a date that does not clash with another event in the community.
- You may have your event listed as an anonymous "private event" so that
others can avoid scheduling another event at the same time. Please let any board
member know or send your request by e-mail to
PERSONAL & BASEMENT
Please note that the Berman Community is not responsible for the Halachic propriety
or kashrut of items listed.
- Several places are still available for a trip to Ethiopia this summer, from August
22nd to August 30th (northern Ethiopian, Gondar area), with an optional extension
to September 5th (southern Ethiopia, tribal area). The trip will be English-speaking,
kosher, and shmomer Shabbat, guided by Micha Feldman, who played a pivotal role
in Israel's rescue operations in Ethiopia. For further details, please contact Melodie
(08-949-2332) or Sherman Rosenfeld (054-564-3911).
- Apartment in excellent location for sale: 4 rooms on Meltzer Street,
4 rooms on [Harav] Meltzer Street - first floor + elevator, with parking space,
small open outside balcony and storeroom.
Near the Weizmann Institute, the Faculty of Agriculture, the Rehovot railway
station, the Science Park, the town centre, schools, amenities, close to 4 shuls
( the Berman's Shul on the Yeshivat HaDarom campus, Ohel Shai [both 2 mins
away], Beit Eliezer and the Prinz Shul), and the Chavayot Community Centre.
Vacant possession and price: to be discussed. For further details
call Stephen on: 0505-827115
- excellent access to all intercity roads. Jerusalem is only 30 mins away. The
airport only 20 mins away.
- 3 external frontages for maximum cross-ventilation
- full privacy in all rooms even with the windows open
- 2 WC's
- parents' bedroom
with shower/WC away from the children's rooms
- recently replumbed
rewired including recessed wiring for wall speakers
- central air-conditioning
- new kitchen with double sinks
- A family going to the States for a few years wants to sell the contents of
their apartment, which include:
Reasonable price. Prefer to sell it all together. Call Yael 052 4599937.
(Speaks Hebrew, English) (Pearl Herskovitz' children)
- Large king-size bed
- 2 wall closets
- 2 "libraries"
- Dining room table + 7 chairs
- Oven + stove
- We have friends looking for a fluent english speaking female foreign worker to
live in with their mother who lives at Tovei Hair in Jerusalem . If you have any
tips, call Chaya Tannor or Shlomit 02-9932163