- The world's preeminent scholar on the Kabbalah, Prof. Moshe Idel, from the
Hebrew University, B"H will give this year's 3rd Kahn-Bellows lecture on
"Jewish Mysticism" this Thursday, June 7th, on the topic:
"The Place of the Kabbalah in Judaism." The lecture will be in
Hebrew. Maariv at 8:15 p.m. Lecture at 8:30 p.m. For further details, see the calendar.
- Mazal tov to this year's crop of Hebrew University science faculty Bermanite
graduates: Nadav Dym, Orly Levinson Avraham, Elik Olami, Elisha Svetitsky.
- Reminder: Did you make a pledge during Yizkor on Shavuout? Please
make good by delivering your donation to Jerry Kriger or sending it by mail
Cheques should be made out to "Jacob Berman Community Center"
or "מרכז קהילתי ע"ש יעקב ברמן", with a notation that the funds are
for the “keren tzedaka”. Donations are tax deductible.
Jacob Berman Community Center
P.O. Box 1146, Rehovot 76111
מרכז קהילתי ע"ש יעקב ברמן
ת.ד. 1146, רחובות, 76111
- Draft minutes of the 30th May Board meeting are posted at
http://bermanshul.org/content/view/176/58/ (login to website required).
There will be another meeting on Tuesday 12th June; the agenda will be mostly a
continuation of the previous meeting. Anybody wishing to raise issues for discussion
should approach any Board member.
- Looking for people to lein for Sefer Devarim in the main minyan. Please contact
Hershel Safer (firstname.lastname@example.org) if
you would like to volunteer.
- Two volunteers needed to organize minyanim for mourners' houses.
The role is to make sure that enough men show up (especially in the morning) and
to arrange for somebody to lein. In some cases you will verify that a friend of
the mourner is making arrangements; in others, you will handle the details. Lists
of attendees might be compiled manually at the funeral and at the shiva house, or
else with the help of online tools. To volunteer or for more information, contact
Hershel Safer (email@example.com).
HOSPITALITY, COMINGS & GOINGS - הכנסת אורחים
The community wishes to know about new arrivals or people planning to come
to Rehovot so that we can welcome them. You may send in their details for the weekly
bulletin, to firstname.lastname@example.org
or to Chaya Tannor.
NEEDED: A couple needs a family to host them during their studies towards
her conversion. They live in the center of Rehovot, so no sleepover needed. For
more information on what is needed, please contact Ilana Friedlander at
email@example.com or 057-5706592.
MISHEBEIRACH LECHOLIM + BIKKUR CHOLIM - מישברך לחולים וביקור חולים
- Please send in names (3 maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org,
(preferably by Thursday) or write them out and to give to the Gabbaim before kria.
Names must be resubmitted anew every week.
- If you are convalescing at home and would like visitors, please write in to email@example.com.
- A PDF calendar of davening times and shiurim is available for download (http://bermanshul.org/calendar.pdf now updated till end of June 2012).
- The "live" calendar below gives a full schedule of official Berman events
and other happenings. You can avoid missing events by taking a minute to scroll
through the listing. Click on any event to display the details.
Click on any event to display the details.
- A number of other Rehovot events are published at
- Chugim and activities for all ages at Havayot Schweitz: Including 50+ coffee
evenings, מועדון חצ"ב, Bridge for beginners, Tiyulim, etc.. For details and
schedules see the Havayot Website (http://havayot.org.il).
- Members organizing private events (e.g. wedding, bar/bat mitzva celebrations etc.)
are advised to use the shul calendar as follows:
- You can check for a date that does not clash with another event in the community.
- You may have your event listed as an anonymous "private event" so that
others can avoid scheduling another event at the same time. Please let any board
member know or send your request by e-mail to
PERSONAL & BASEMENT
Please note that the Berman Community is not responsible for the Halachic propriety
or kashrut of items listed.
- We'd love to sell our apartment to someone who requires a
sukkah, as sukkah balconies are quite hard to find today in either new or old apartments.
Help us get the word around to people you know in the city, in the country and abroad.
We are trying to bypass agents if possible. The building has been upgraded recently
and the neighbours are really congenial ( 3 of them belong to our community, 4 out
of 6 are modern orthodox).
5 room duplex (2 floors) apartment / 120 sq.m. / sukkah balcony, which can be covered
against sun and rain, can fit in 15+ people, also has small garden
attached / 3 toilets, 2 bathrooms / main bedroom with en-suite and walk-in closet
/ marble floors / airconditioners on both floors / elevator / covered parking /
storeroom / tabu /
Contact: Ruth & Oz Ainie, 08-9467360, firstname.lastname@example.org
- This year, as in previous years, there is a week-long session of lectures on
Tanach at Herzog college on the campus of Har Etzion Yeshiva. Many of our members
have gone, and had enjoyable learning sessions in the past. There is also a series
in English. You can sign up for individual days if you wish, and mix English and
Hebrew sessions. The schedule of lectures and sign-up information is at
סטודנטית למדעי התזונה, תושבת רחובות. מעבירה שיעורים פרטיים הכוללים עזרה בהכנת שיעורי
בית והקניית יכולות למידה, לתלמידים בכיתות א'- ח' במקצועות:
מתמטיקה *מדעים,* אנגלית * לימודי יהדות
יכולה להעביר את השיעורים באנגלית ובעברית כשפות אם.
- Club Hotel Eilat June 20-23
I am renting out my Club Hotel Eilat unit between June 20-23, for any or all
of those dates. Price: NIS 500 per night, or a reasonable offer. The unit consists
of two rooms that can easily fit four people, and certainly more. The complex itself
consists of a large pool network. Please note, board is not included. For more information: