- Kiddush this Shabbat is given in honor of the outgoing Board and is sponsored collectively
by the members of the incoming Board.
- Mazal tov to Sara and Ben Svetitsky on the birth of their granddaughter Talia,
daughter of Elisha and Zilpa Svetitsky of Shvut Rachel. She was born on May 1, 2012.
- Mazal Tov to Audrey and Fred Samuels and Dina and Yonah Leventhal of Kiryat Arba
on the birth of a new granddaughter to their children Noa and Yehonatan Leventhal
of Yad Binyamin.
- Erev Shavuot, Shabbat Mincha at 19:15 - not 19:05
as originally listed.
After mincha, Mechael Knovsky will give a shiur on the topic of biblical, Talmudic
and medieval humor (instead of the regular shiurim)
- Shavuot morning: Hashkama Shacharit and Megilla at
4:45 - not 4:30 as originally listed
- The Tikun Leil Shavuot 2012 programme
of lectures is available as an on-line Google document or as a
printable PDF document.
- Yizkor: Many communities encourage "youngsters"
to stay in shul during yizkor. David Drory has kindly donated laminated cards of
a prayer for the occasion, for those so blessed to give thanks that their parents
are still alive. The cards will be available in shul this Shavuot for people to
read in shul or take outside to read during yizkor.
- Birkhot haShahar for those who have stayed awake
all Shavu'ot night.
- The minhag of Ashkenazim is that after Alot
haShahar (~ 4:12 AM), one goes to the bathroom, washes ones hands, makes al
netilat yadayim, and asher yatzar, and then listens to and is yotze
Birkhot haTorah, Elokai Neshama, and birkhat Hamaavir Hevlei Sheynah,
from someone who slept. Then one says all rest of the usual morning berakhot
Shulhan Arukh w/Mishnah Berurah 47:MB28, 46:MB24
- The minhag of Sefardim, however, is that after
Alot haShahar, one goes to the bathroom, washes ones hands, (no al netilat
yadayim) makes asher yatzar, Elokai Neshama, and Birkhat haTorah,
as well as all the usual morning berakhot for oneself.
Kaf haHayyim 47:26, 46:49
- The azkara for our dear member Shamai Siegal ז"ל will take place Monday 28th
May (7th of Sivan, 5772) at the Rehovot Cemetery. Family and friends will gather
at 19:00 at the cemetery entrance
- Kahn Bellows Lecture Tuesday 29/5/2012 (in Hebrew)
ההרצאה השנייה בסדרת ההרצאות ע"ש קאן ובלוז תתקיים ביום ג', 29.5.12
ההרצאה תינתן ע"י דר' שפרה אסולין, חוקרת ומלמדת ספרות הזוהר והקבלה האוניברסיטה העברית
הנושא ההרצאה יהיה: " 'לכה דודי לקראת כלה' -- מי הדוד? ומי הכלה?
על קבלה ומגדר: עיון בארכיטיפ הנשי והגברי בספרות הקבלית"
תפילת ערבית ב-8:15 וההצאה ב-8:30 בערב. כולם מוזמנים.
- Board meeting:
The new Board will have its second meeting on Wednesday 30th May at 20:15.
Relevant documents and drafts are available to members who log onto the website and follow the links below:
Members wishing to raise additional issues should communicate them to
email@example.com or any other Board member. All members of the community
are welcome to attend the Board meeting as observers.
HOSPITALITY, COMINGS & GOINGS - הכנסת אורחים
The community wishes to know about new arrivals or people planning to come
to Rehovot so that we can welcome them. You may send in their details for the weekly
bulletin, to firstname.lastname@example.org
or to Chaya Tannor.
NEEDED: A couple needs a family to host them during their studies towards
her conversion. They live in the center of Rehovot, so no sleepover needed. For
more information on what is needed, please contact Ilana Friedlander at
email@example.com or 057-5706592.
MISHEBEIRACH LECHOLIM + BIKKUR CHOLIM - מישברך לחולים וביקור חולים
- Please send in names (3 maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org,
(preferably by Thursday) or write them out and to give to the Gabbaim before kria.
Names must be resubmitted anew every week.
- If you are convalescing at home and would like visitors, please write in to email@example.com.
- A PDF calendar of davening times and shiurim is available for download (http://bermanshul.org/calendar.pdf now updated till end of June 2012).
- The "live" calendar below gives a full schedule of official Berman events
and other happenings. You can avoid missing events by taking a minute to scroll
through the listing. Click on any event to display the details.
Click on any event to display the details.
- A number of other Rehovot events are published at
- Chugim and activities for all ages at Havayot Schweitz: Including 50+ coffee
evenings, מועדון חצ"ב, Bridge for beginners, Tiyulim, etc.. For details and
schedules see the Havayot Website (http://havayot.org.il).
- Members organizing private events (e.g. wedding, bar/bat mitzva celebrations etc.)
are advised to use the shul calendar as follows:
- You can check for a date that does not clash with another event in the community.
- You may have your event listed as an anonymous "private event" so that
others can avoid scheduling another event at the same time. Please let any board
member know or send your request by e-mail to
PERSONAL & BASEMENT
Please note that the Berman Community is not responsible for the Halachic propriety
or kashrut of items listed.
- Club Hotel Eilat June 17-23
I am renting out my Club Hotel Eilat unit between June 17-23, for any or all of
those dates. Price: NIS 500 per night. The unit consists of two rooms that can easily
fit four people, and certainly more. The complex itself consists of a large pool
network. Please note, board is not included. For more information: Sigal: 0523706019,
- Simpson, Jackel & Levitt at The Old Barn
The Old Barn Theater, Moshav Orot is presenting an evening of two comedies
on: Mon 28/5/12 at 20.30 Thurs 31/5/12 at 20.30 and Motzei Shabat 2/6/12 at 21.30.
Further details are on the calendar.