- Kiddush this week is sponsored by the Gaba and Marder families in honour of their
- Mazal tov to Naomi & Jonathan on the marriage of their daughter Ruth to Shai
Carmi of Givat Shmuel. Mazal tov and welcome to the groom's parents, Batya &
Menachem Weinberger, and to all the Weinberger family.
מזל טוב לנעמי ויונתן מרדר על הנישואין של בתם רות לשי כרמי מגבעת שמואל. מזל טוב וברוכים
הבאים להורי החתן, בתיה ומנחם וינברגר, ולכל משפחת וינברגר.
- Mazal tov to Judy and Victor Gaba on the marriage of their son Aaron to Moran Edry
of Rishon LeZion. Mazal tov and welcome to the bride's parents, Sima & Yizhak
Edry, and to all the relatives.
מזל טוב לג'ודי וויקטור גאבה על הנישואין של בנם אהרון למורן
אדר מראשון לציון. מזל טוב וברוכים הבאים להורי הכלה, סימה ויצחק אדרי, ולכל קרובי
- Mazal tov to Honey and Yehuda Berenson on the batmitzvah of their granddaughter
Advah, daughter of Orianna and Daniel Berenson of Rechovot.
- Mazal tov to Geraldine & David Leifer on their new grandson, Noam, a son to
Natan & Sivan Leifer and brother to Adiel. The Brit was last Shabbat.
- The next board meeting is on Wednesday 7th September at 20:30. The agenda is posted
(member login required). Please communicate comments to
firstname.lastname@example.org or to any other board member.
- If there is anyone who is interested in giving divrei torah either on shabbat
morning or during the holidays or during the winter Friday nights, please
contact Rav Motti Goldreich at
email@example.com. Also, if there is anyone who is willing to give
halacha shiurim on shabbat between Mincha and Maariv (Rav Shain's memorial
shiur) please contact Rav Motti as well. Thanks.
- Τhe main mikva on Rechov Hashoftim (near the shuk) is closed for renovations for
at least three months. Please be aware, especially those needing a mikva Friday
- High Holidays 5772 ימים נוראים תשע"ב
The time has come to renew annual membership and arrange seating for the yamim nora’im.
The letter and form have placed on the shul website as a single PDF document
link here). The form is also available as an Excel document (XLS link here) Links to both
of these files appear on the Bermanshul website
until Rosh Hashana. As last year, the printed documents will not be mailed out and
you are requested to please print out your own copy. Please consider printing an
extra copy for somebody you know who may not be able to print their own.
- Berman's End of Summer Barbeque Bash - "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle"
8th September, 18:00-21:00
We are working hard on preparing a great evening of good friends, good food and
doing good (recycling!)
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
and specify how many adults and children will be attending.
Looking forward to seeing you there!!
- The BBQ dinner costs 10 NIS/person maximum 40 NIS/family. Please RSVP by Sept 4th
or pay at the door 15 NIS/person 60 NIS/family.
- Recycle old books, toys, clothing in good condition for
the Berman Yard Sale. Proceeds go to the shul tzedakah fund. Unsold items will be
donated to charitable causes. Items can be dropped off Sun, Sept. 4th from 8-9:30
pm in the shul library or Wed, Sept 7th from 8-10 pm in the library.
- Recycle electronic equipment (such as old computers, printed circuit boards, controllers,
switchboards, communication equipment and so forth). A wonderful organization "EcoCommunity"
will be recycling these items while employing individuals with special needs. http://www.ecommunity.org.il/apage/93081.php.
Please contact them directly if you'd like to know about donating a specific
- Special interactive & fun program for children to learn all about recycling!
Bring bats, balls, frisbees and other outdoor games for an evening of fun :)
- Please RSVP to Aviva Spotts email@example.com 08-945-1363 ASAP
- WE NEED YOU!! To volunteer, please contact Aviva Spotts
firstname.lastname@example.org 8-945-1363 (volunteer positions include: set up, clean
up, supervising (not running!) childrens' event, assisting with yard sale, assisting
with electronic donations, registration)
HOSPITALITY, COMINGS & GOINGS - הכנסת אורחים
The community wishes to know about new arrivals or people planning to come to Rehovot
so that we can welcome them. You may send in their details for the weekly bulletin,
to email@example.com or
to Chaya Tannor.
- On Sep 16-17 we will be hosting another group of converts. This time we are
concentrating on couples (married & not yet married), and this shabbat will also
be a sheva brachot- shabbat chatan for one of the couples. We are looking for
families to host a couple for lunch, if you can do this please contact me at:
057-5706592 ASAP. Thank you! Ilana Friedlander
MISHEBEIRACH LECHOLIM + BIKKUR CHOLIM - מישברך לחולים וביקור חוליםם וביקור חולים
- Please send in names (3 maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org, (preferably by Thursday)
or write them out and to give to the Gabbaim before kria. Names must be resubmitted
anew every week.
- If you are convalescing at home and would like visitors, please write in to email@example.com.
PERSONAL & BASEMENT
Please note that the Berman Community is not responsible for the Halachic propriety
or kashrut of items listed.