- Mazel tov to Naomi & Murray Borsekofsky on the marriage of their granddaughter
Shira Fishhaut, daughter of Linda & Steven Fishhaut of Ramat Bet Shemesh to Dov
Jacobs son of Dr. David & Sari Jacobs of Efrat.
- The azkara for our dear member Jay Goldstein (Yakov Sandor) ז"ל will take
place Thursday 2nd June (29th of Iyyar, 5771) at the Rehovot Cemetery. Family and
friends will gather at 18:30 at theRehovot cemetery entrance.
- The Hakamat Matzevah for Izzy Davidovitz is scheduled for Friday morning, June
03, 2011 at 09:30 AM at the Givat Shaul cemetery, Jerusalem. As a family member,
friend, and/or someone learning in Izzy’s memory, we thought you would want to know.
Please do not feel obligated to attend, but if you can attend it would be most welcome,
as we would like to have a minyan to say Kaddish in addition to the Kel Maleh Rachamim
The kever is located in Gush Gimmel, Chelka 65 and 66 (see calendar entry for directions).
If you need any more information – please call us.
Kol Tuv and Tizku L'mitzvot
Edith Davidowitz, Judy and Eli Schmell(050-5656913), Marcia Davidowitz (054-9848510)
- The azkara for our dear Shamai Siegal ז"ל will take place Thursday 9th June
(7th of Sivan, 5771) at the Rehovot Cemetery. Family and friends will gather at
18:45 at the cemetery entrance.
- Annual General Meeting
The 2011 Shul AGM has been called for 29 May at 20:30. This AGM will be an important
one for the future of the shul, so please make every effort to participate -
your opinion counts! The agenda will include the following items:
Questions and additional items for the agenda should be submitted to
email@example.com. A number of relevant documents are available on
the shul website - please read them to find
out about the decisions being made
on your behalf (you will need to log in to view some items):
- All the items that are mandated by the shul constitution / תקנון.
- The way the mi-she'beirach lacholim that the gaba'im say during kriat hatorah
is said and the issue of yizkor for all the deceased shul members (and other minor
On-line rabbinical opinions are available from הרה"ג דוב ליאור and from הרב ברוך אפרתי
- Members who stop paying dues - removing them from the membership list (see clauses
C1, H6 and K3 in the shul constitution /
- The past, current and future growth of the shul and its implication on the future
of the shul.
- The shul's relationship with the new owners of the Yeshiva i.e. Bnei Akiva
and the opportunities that this new relationship represents.
- Projects that the shul can do with Bnei Akiva for the betterment of both the Yeshiva
and the shul.
- The 2nd Kahn-Bellows Lecture (on the topic of Judaism and Social Justice)
will be given by Rabbi Micha Odenheimer, Founding Director of Tevel b'Tzedek, who will speak in English on Judaism and
Social Justice in the Age of Globalization
Thursday Evening, Rosh Chodesh Sivan 5771 (June 2, 2011) Ma’ariv 20:15 Lecture 20:30.
Further details are on the calendar.
- Torah leining group - חוג טעמי מקרא
דוד דרורי מוכן לפתוח חוג נוסף (החמישי במספר) ללימוד טעמי המקרא לילדי
ברמן בגילאי 11.
David Drory is ready to open another (his fifth) Torah-leining chug
for 11-year-old Bermans boys.
Please contact him by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org מי שמעונין נא לפנות אליו במייל:
- We at the Department of Mental Health of Rechovot, would like to thank the Berman
community for their generous spirit in giving tzedaka at Pesach time. We distributed
funds to 26 needy families. Our population included large families, single mothers,
and individuals, who, because of their psychiatric illnesses cannot function effectively
in our society. Most of them subsist on money from Bituach Leumi or General Welfare.
They include Ethiopians immigrants, Russian refuseniks, and Anglos. Every contribution
was received with joy and gratitude. May we all continue to be on the contributing
Miki Hauser, Director of Social Services
Dr. Kathy Lowengrub, Psychiatrist
Dr. Chaya Levmore Tannor, Clinical Psychologist
|LOST & FOUND
- There is a collection of coats and jackets, etc. that have accumulated outside shul over the winter. Please take a look and remove anything that might be yours.
HOSPITALITY, COMINGS & GOINGS
The community wishes to know about new arrivals or people planning to come to Rehovot
so that we can welcome them. You may send in their details for the weekly bulletin,
to email@example.com or
to Chaya Tannor.
- We are looking for families that can host converts for Shavuot. They will be eating
on Shavuot night together but they need a place to sleep and to eat on Shavuot day,
lunch. For those who are interested or for more details, please contact Ilana Friedlander
at 057-5706592 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are also looking for youths age 18 and up who will be willing to learn on
shavuot night with the converts. All those interested please contact Ilana
- Olga, a young lady in the process of conversion is interested in receiving
invitations for shabbat meals. Please call her at 054-536-8043.
BIKKUR CHOLIM - ביקור חוליםOLIM - ביקור חולים
If you are convalescing at home and would like visitors, please write in to
email@example.com and we will put in the next weekly bulletin.
PERSONAL & BASEMENT
Please note that the Berman Community is not responsible for the Halachic propriety
or kashrut of items listed.
- The Golan is especially beautiful now. Base your tours at Tova (grew up in Berman)
Hammerman Hadad's Wooden Tsimers, "Ruach Dromit" in Avnei Eitan in
the southern Golan next to Nachal El Al. Also Tractoron rides, blackberry picking,
archery, giant trampoline and more. Call Tova at 054-5684574.
- "Summer" House for rent on Sapir St., Rehovot
Available anytime between July and August. In other words, flexible dates.
- Four bedrooms + playroom
- Air conditioning
- Backyard garden + frontyard
- Cable TV + computer
For details, please call: Sigal: 0524828097 Josh: 0524369896
- The Wish Ambulance
The Wish Ambulance is a Magen David Adom project, whose purpose is to fulfill
the wishes of terminally ill patients. Making use of the services of a specially
equipped ambulance and a caring team of medical volunteers, the patients are taken
on their request to places which have a particular meaning to them.
אמבולנס המשאלות הינו פרויקט של מגן דוד אדום, שמטרתו מילוי בקשותיהם של חולים קשים
או סופניים אשר אינם יכולים להתנייד אלא באמצעות אמבולנס. החולים מוסעים לאתרים על
פי בקשתם, בעזרת אמבולנס ייעודי ומתנדבים.