Rabbi Jacob Berman Community Center
Weekly Bulletin: Parashat Nasso 5773
מרכז קהילתי ע"ש הרב יעקב ברמן
פרשת נשא תשע"ג
- Please use the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
for bulletin-related communications, including:
- Items for inclusion in the bulletin or calendar
- Requests for new or changed e-mail subscriptions (for bulletin notifications and
- For those of you who missed out, previous bulletins are in directory
- Kiddush this week is sponsored Chaya and David Tannor in honor on their newlywed
son Chanania and daughter-in-law Shalhevet, daughter of Uri and Ora Naki from
Herziliya. Mazal tov to the young couple, and their families and guests.
- We deeply regret to announce the passing of Beatrice Black ז"ל the mother
of our member Maureen Rivlin. The funeral was on Monday in Rehovot, with shiva until Shavuot. Maureen's
phone number at home is 08-936-6199.
המקום ינחם אותה בתוך שאר אבלי ציון וירושלים
- The azkara for our dear member Shamai Siegal ז"ל will take place Thursday
16th of May (7th of Sivan, 5773) at the Rehovot Cemetery. Family and friends will
gather at 19:00 at the cemetery entrance.
מיני-מניןן ממשיך בשבת - מתאספים ליד בית הכנסת אחרי הוצאת ספר תורה.
- Mini-Minyan this Shabbat: Meet in front of the shul when the sefer torah is taken out.
- Mazal Tov to Aviva Weiss, who has successfully completed Officer's school in Tzahal. She will be posted in מתפש. Mazal Tov to her parents: Judy and Natan Weiss and grandmother: Livia Molnar who flew in from Montreal for the occasion.
- Looking for people to lein in sefer Devarim. Please contact Hershel Safer, email@example.com.
- The Kahn-Bellows Lectures for 2013 will be on the theme: "The Archaeology of Israel."
- The second lecture is on Sunday 26th May by the archaeologist Prof. Adam Zertal on מזבח יהושע בהר עיבל והמלחמה על התנ"ך.
- The third lecture will be in June (details to be announced).
Additional details of the lectures and lecturers will be placed on the calendar
HOSPITALITY, COMINGS & GOINGS - הכנסת אורחים
גדולה הכנסת אורחים יותר מקבלת פני השכינה, שבת קכ"ז
The community wishes to know about new arrivals or people planning to come to Rehovot
so that we can welcome them. You may send in their details for the weekly bulletin,
to Chaya Tannor. As we learn from Avraham Avenu, please open your homes to our guests
and newest arrivals. This link
will take you will
take you to the current list of new families and their contact information
MISHEBEIRACH LECHOLIM + BIKKUR CHOLIM - מישברך לחולים וביקור חולים
- Please send names (3 maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org,
(preferably by Thursday) or write them out and to give to the Gabbaim before kria.
Names must be resubmitted anew every week and will be read on the following Shabbat
morning. This is intended for people with a
acute health issues; if you would like a misheberach for somebody with
a chronic illness, please say the
person's name to yourself during the prayer.
- If you are convalescing at home and would like visitors, please write in to email@example.com.
*The Berman Community is not responsible for the propriety of the
- A PDF calendar of davening times and shiurim is available for download (http://bermanshul.org/calendar.pdf now includes May-June 2013).
- The "live" calendar below gives a full schedule of official Berman events
and other happenings. You can avoid missing events by taking a minute to scroll
through the listing. Click on any event to display the details.
Click on any event to display the details.
- A number of other Rehovot events are published at
- Chugim and activities for all ages at Havayot Schweitz: Including 50+ coffee
evenings, מועדון חצ"ב, Bridge for beginners, Tiyulim, etc.. For details and
schedules see the Havayot Website (http://havayot.org.il).
- Members organizing private events (e.g. wedding, bar/bat mitzva celebrations etc.)
are advised to use the shul calendar as follows:
- You can check for a date that does not clash with another event in the community.
- You may have your event listed as an anonymous "private event" so that
others can avoid scheduling another event at the same time. Please register you date here, send your request by e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org or let any board member know.
PERSONAL & BASEMENT
Please note that the Berman Community is not responsible for the Halachic propriety
or kashrut of items listed.
אם אתם מעוניינים בקייטנה לילדכם (גיל 3-5) בארבע שבועות הראשונים של החופש, אתם
מוזמנים ליצור איתנו קשר:
- If you are interested in a summer camp for your children (ages 3-5) for the first
four weeks of the summer vacation, please contact us: